Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The search for sad teddy



I got my degree in Anthropology with an emphasis in archaeology but never really had the chance to use it since it is hard to be an archaeologist when you have a family. After the birth of my daughter, my hubby and I decided that it would be better for everyone if I was a stay at home Mom. When my little one was born she received a bear as a gift that she loves. She named him sad teddy because he kinda looks sad. She could not sleep without sad teddy so I set out to find a replacement. He is a kellytoy bear from walmart but I couldn't find a back up one. Finally after 3 years, I found one on ebay. She now has to have both to sleep and calls them sad teddy number one and sad teddy from the mail. In looking for my daughters bear, I decided to look for my childhood toys and my hubby's. I found all of them (much to the delight of my hubby) and decided I should use this skill of mine to earn some money. I decided to open an ebay store and focused just on baby items and after several years I have decided to branch out a bit. I have so much fun finding out about the item and I love hearing from my buyers with their stories of what it means to them.

I feel like in searching for my treasures that I am kinda like a modern day archaeologist - well, I like to think so any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment